Saturday, November 3, 2012

visit from Cathy

Cathy drove up from Sydney in her little green car for a week of R&S (rest and shopping). We hit the Bello markets on the Saturday and the Bello shopping precinct was thoroughly reconnoitred the following week. Cathy bought me a pair of Birkenstocks and I bought a lovely cane basket. In the meantime, the dogs got lots more smoochy pats that they usually do. Cathy took Jack and I to the Butter Factory cafe for lunch, and Cathy went home relaxed and happy with her purchases.

I've had my Birkis for a few weeks now and their thoroughly worn in. They're easily the most comfortable of any I've every worn and just the thing for my poor old feet that spent many years of my working life being tortured in pointy toed high heeled numbers.


Every time I've gone to the Bello markets over the last 5 years or so, I've marvelled at the most sculptural and beautiful baskets made by Sally Clayton who lives locally. This time I decided to buy one and now it sits on my sideboard. It's made from locally sourced wisteria vine, privet, banana stem and sheath, philodendron leaf sheath, palm flower stems and citronella leaf.


No comments: