Thursday, December 13, 2012

dates in my 'Australian Royalty" database

For the sake of overall accuracy of data in my 'Australian Royalty' database, I've made a decision to only include a full date if I can verify that date in:
  • a certificate
  • a photo of a gravestone
  • a book recognised as authoritative and accurate
  • an online database that indexes primary materials
Consequently, if I find a full date in an online tree, or a date is sent to me in, for example, an email message that can't be backed up by a solid source such as those above, I won't use it. As I randomly review existing data I'm changing unverified full dates back to years only.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi We have an ancestor in common my 3rd Great Grandmother was Sarah Higgins born1801 and died 1870. who married Richard Boyd so if you need any information on this line of the family just let me know. There are a couple of books out about the Boyd and Lyda Farell Family so i can also give you the name of them. My name is Kathlean Thomas (nee O'Neill) my email address is kbon1952@hotmail.com. Iam also doing family history on Ancestry.com.au. Hope to hear from you soon Regards Kathlean

Anonymous said...

Hi Iam related to Lydia Farrell she was my 4th great grandmother. So if you need any information just let me know. My 3rd great grandmother was Sarah Higgins. my name is kathlean thomas (nee O'Neill) kbon1952@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon regards kathlean